Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Why is ListBox.Items.IsReadOnly=true? (F#/Silverlight)

Programmer Question

I'm trying to remove some objects from a ListBox that I have created, and for some reason ListBox.Items.IsReadOnly is true.



The following calls don't work:



myListBox.Items.Add("whatever")
myListBox.Items.Add("stuff")
myListBox.Items.Remove("whatever")


I get an exception:



{System.InvalidOperationException: Operation not supported on read-only collection.
at System.Windows.Controls.ItemCollection.RemoveImpl(Object value)
at System.Windows.Controls.ItemCollection.RemoveInternal(Object value)
at System.Windows.PresentationFrameworkCollection`1.Remove(T value)


I can set ListBox.ItemsSource, but working with .Items is much easier. I'm creating the ListBox like this:



let mutable myListBox= new ListBox()


Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails