Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Installing Android App Without SD Card

Programmer Question

I uploaded an apk file to a web server and attempted to access the link from the browser on the phone. When I attempt to download from that link I receive an error message that reads "An SD card is required to download." I do not have an SD card installed, but the internal memory is not full, so I would expect the app to install to internal memory.



The obvious solution is to install an SD Card. Putting an SD card in the device does allow the app to install. So, the question is why is this necessary?



Nowhere in my app do I specify that this needs to be installed on an SD Card. I've tried leaving the installLocation blank and setting it to "auto" and "internalOnly". I've scoured the forums and not found a reason for this.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails