Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Using a custom ResourceBundle with Hibernate Validator

Programmer Question

I'm trying to set up a custom message source for Hibernate Validator 4.1 through Spring 3.0. I've set up the necessary configuration:









The translations are served from my message source, but it seems that the replacement tokens in the messages themselves are looked up in the message source, i.e. for a:



my.message=the property {prop} is invalid


there are calls to look up 'prop' in the messageSource. Going into ResourceBundleMessageInterpolator.interpolateMessage I note that the javadoc states:




Runs the message interpolation according to algorithm specified in JSR 303.



Note:
Look-ups in user bundles is recursive whereas look-ups in default bundle are not!




This looks to me like the recursion will always take place for a user-specified bundle, so in effect I can not translate standard messages like the one for Size.



How can I plug-in my own message source and be able to have parameters be replaced in the message?



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails