Sunday, November 14, 2010

Visual Studio has stopped "Publishing" all of my Views since moving to MVC3 and Razor

Programmer Question

I use the "Publish" feature to push the required files to my staging server. Since the staging server is in house, I use a mapped drive and just publish to the file system. The settings are set to




Only files needed to run this application

Exclude generated debug symbols




When I use using MVC2 and the WebForms view engine, the publish always worked.



Now that I'm using the Razor view engine and MVC3 RC1, only about half of my Views get published to the file system. Everything else (Assets, web.Config, App_Browsers, and Bin) gets published as expected. What could be the problem here?



After seeing this question, it appears as though it's a problem with the "Build Action"

Visual Studio 2010 "Publish" does not copy Razor view files



Unfortunately, the answer says it's been fixed in MVC3 RC, but unfortunately this is what I'm experiencing, and I'm using the RC.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails