Friday, November 19, 2010

Store time from NSTimer for next view (HELP!)

Programmer Question

Hey,



I'm becomming desperate. I've got a NSTimer in my second ViewController.



-(IBAction)start {
myticker = [NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:0.01
target:self
selector:@selector(showActivity)
userInfo:nil
repeats:YES];
}

-(IBAction)stop {
[myticker invalidate];
}

-(void)showActivity {
float currentTime = [time.text floatValue];
newTime = currentTime + 0.01;
time.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%.2f", newTime];
}


newTime ist an instance variable (float) and time is the label where the time is shown.



Before calling the third ViewController, I stored the time this:



-(IBAction)right {

[self stop];

ThirdViewController *screen = [[ThirdViewController alloc] initWithNibName:nil bundle:nil];
screen.modalTransitionStyle = UIModalTransitionStyleCrossDissolve;
screen.timelabel.text = [NSString stringWithFormat: @"%.2f", newTime];
[self presentModalViewController:screen animated:YES];
[screen release];
}


I stopped the timer and gave the time to the instance variable timelabel (UILabel).
In the third ViewController I created the same NSTimer with the same methods.
But when I open the third View Controller the timer starts from 0 again.



What's wrong about my code?



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails