Monday, November 1, 2010

ASP.Net FileNotFoundException on server but not in VS

Programmer Question

I added a reference to a DLL in my ASP.Net app. That started causing a BadFileFormatException, so I switched my app to target x86. I'm now getting this error:



System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'TheDLLThatIReferenced.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.



The DLL in question is present in both the bin directory, and in bin\x86\Debug in my app's directory on the server. When I try to run my app out of Visual Studio, it runs just fine, but if I try to hit it via the internet, I get that error.



What might be causing this error, and how can I correct it?



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails