Monday, November 1, 2010

SQL Foreign Keys/Relationships

Programmer Question

Hi guys,



Having briefly studied databases in college, I haven't worked with them since and have drawn a bit of a blank, so I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have a database called Convert, which holds the following tables:



**File**
ID int PK
ISBN nvarchar(MAX)
UserName nvarchar(50)
CoverID
PDFID

**PDF**
PDFID int PK
FileContent image
MimeType nvarchar
FileName nvarchar

**Cover**
CoverID int PK
FileContent image
MimeType nvarchar
FileName nvarchar


I've just drawn a blank on two things really.




  1. Relationships. I think if I a sql query such as below I will create foreign keys:



    Alter TABLE Cover ADD FOREIGN KEY (CoverID) REFERENCES File (CoverID)




What I need to do is create one to one relationships --> One File will have one Cover, and one PDF.



The second is thing I'm having difficulty getting my head around again is the insert statements. Any advice on how I should handle those would be appreciated?



I'm using SQL Server 2008 Also.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails