Thursday, September 9, 2010

Text-Based Java Game

Programmer Question

I need to make a text-based RPG game with java. The first part of the assignment is super simple. we just use vertical lines and underscores to make a little rectangle and then add symbols inside the rectangle as things move, act, die, etc.



I've never done this before, so I want to run my idea by you:



What do you think about doing something like angry birds but with flying moving targets? There would be a little "bird tank" at the bottom left of the screen that would shoot birds. Another question: I'm not entirely sure how I would create a gun that shoots at different angles in a text-based format. And how would it work with aiming and shooting and timing, and such?



Thanky.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails