Saturday, September 25, 2010

How do I use perlbrew to manage perl installations aimed at web applications?

Programmer Question

I have been using perlbrew to manage multiple versions of perl on a Linux Fedora notebook. I have used it with great benefit to run command-line scripts mostly using App::cmd.



I now want to move to running web applications written using CGI::Application using different perls installed in my $HOME. I am familiar with running Perl web applications in $HOMEs using Apache's user_dir or creating Virtual Hosts but I am unable to come up with a clean way of integrating this and the perlbrew managed perls. Specifically I need help in understanding and finding answers to these questions:




  1. How do install mod_perl under perlbrew?

  2. Assuming this is done, how do I configure my VirtualHost so that it picks up the correct perl that is current?

  3. If this is not possible, (which I doubt) can I at least use local installations to run vanilla CGI?



Thank you for your attention.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails