Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Calling php code from php code on different server

Programmer Question

Hi,

The situation is following. I have a local (development) PHP server (Win + IIS) on my computer and I would like to call a function on a remote server because there is an executable file on the remote server (linux) that does not run on my local computer.

So on the remote server would be a simple PHP page which calls the executable with given parameters and returns the results.

I can imagine making an ajax call from javascript to this remote PHP page, but in my case I am using PHPUnit locally and at one point I need to call this remote page for specific data (which the executable file provides).

So my question is - how to make a call from PHP (local) to PHP (remote)? Is web-services the way to go or can this be accomplished simpler?



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails