Saturday, September 11, 2010

Beginner Facebook Application Questions

Programmer Question

I'm just getting into Facebook application development. I've got some questions about how the applications are developed.



First, there's the Facebook PHP SDK. You can install this to a web server capable of executing PHP, but does that mean if you went to www.example.com/facebook-php-sdk/examples/example.php that it would look like you're on Facebook.com but with your fully functioning application?



Second, when I configured apache to set the documentroot to /facebook-php-sdk/ I got white screens with every file - even with proper application ID and secret filled in.



Third, how do you set up to develop locally? I would like to have a sandbox where I can mess around, but the instructions are vague about how to get the PHP SDK going, I'm not sure what files I can edit where to get my "Hello, world!" on.



Thank you all for the help! I am very excited to start developing Facebook applications.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails