Friday, September 17, 2010

Crystal Reports alternatives.. and does SQL Reporting Services have field definitions only option?

Programmer Question

Okay, two part question I guess.



I liked Crystal Reports, although now (if I understand correctly) the licensing model means if I deploy Crystal 2010 via say webform within my application, I have to purchase a runtime license of $2000+ ?



I haven't used SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), although I gather that you can use the reportviewer with local data..



So two questions in reality:




  1. The FIELD DEFINITIONS ONLY option in Crystal used to be great.. could design the report without the actual datasource needing binding.. DOES SSRS have this concept?


  2. Has anyone come across a good alternative (hopefully cheaper than Crystal Licensing) to provide WEB BASED REPORTING with the ability of export as PDF?




Realise these are two questions.. I guess from my perspective fairly related.



Any help gratefully received!



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails