Sunday, September 19, 2010

Getting out of a procedural mindset

Programmer Question

I have been programming (as a job) for around 3-4 months now after having graduated from university studying computing.



At university I was taught object orientated programming and I felt I had a good grasp on this until I started working on real problems.



I just cant seem to do anything but come up with procedural code for solutions - although i am using classes and basic oop techniques the code is essentially procedural inside and I know there are better solutions but i just cant seem to match patterns etc up with what i am trying to do.



How long / much practice does it take before you can really start programming properly using oop techniques - as opposed to just using classes filled with procedural code.



Also, are there any advice on how to really progress with being able to design solutions to problems properly?



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails