Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What code would you put before/after your R session?

Programmer Question

R allows us to put code to run in the beginning/end of a session.



What codes would you suggest putting there?



I know of three interesting examples (although I don't have "how to do them" under my fingers here):




  1. Saving the session history when closing R.

  2. Running a fortune() at the beginning of an R session.

  3. I was thinking of having an automated saving of the workspace. But I didn't set on solving the issue of managing space (so there would always be X amount of space used for that backup)



Any more ideas? (or how you implement the above ideas)



p.s: this is continuing a thread started on "stat.overflow"



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails