Friday, August 27, 2010

iPhone SDK Remote file exists, without cache

Programmer Question

I need to check if a file exists on my server without using cache. The methods I have used are all returning a 200, even if the file does not exist, so I can only assume there is a cache problem, or theres a problem with my code.



Heres my code: for arguments sake..the URL is changed in this example, but the url is correct in my code.



NSString *auth = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"http://www.mywebsite.com/%@.txt",[self aString]];
NSURL *authURL = [NSURL URLWithString:auth];

NSURLRequest* request = [NSURLRequest requestWithURL:authURL
cachePolicy:NSURLRequestReloadIgnoringCacheData
timeoutInterval:5.0];
NSURLConnection *conn = [NSURLConnection connectionWithRequest:request
delegate:self];

NSHTTPURLResponse* response = nil;
NSError* error = nil;
[NSURLConnection sendSynchronousRequest:request returningResponse:&response error:&error];
NSLog(@"statusCode = %d", [response statusCode]);

if ([response statusCode] == 404)
NSLog(@"MISSING");
else
NSLog(@"EXISTS");


the response is always 200, even if I rename the file on the server.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails