Thursday, August 26, 2010

Access Database Security Question

Programmer Question

Hi,



I have a database in Access 2003 that I only want certain people to be able to access.
In my database I have a table which lists the people that should be able to access the database. (Tbl_BIRT_Users). The table contains their name, ntlogin and email address. It also has an 'adminstrator' field.



My question has two parts:



1 - On opening the database how can I get it to lookup the ntlogin (environ username) of the person and ensure that that person is authorised to use the database?



2 - I need the database to look at the 'administrator' Yes/No field and grant read only access to non admins and full access to admins.



Thanks!



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails