Sunday, August 1, 2010

Standalone .jar runs great, but when embedded in HTML, framerate drops to 1 fps.

Programmer Question

I have a single .jar file that I create by using the runnable .jar file export function in Eclipse. This file runs flawlessly when you just download it and run it. Now I'm trying to embed it in an HTML file, but having trouble.



Here is the standalone jar



Here is the page where I attempt to embed the .jar file. I could not make it run on it's own, but If I took the Main.class file from the bin/ directory of my Project and included that too, it almost works.




Voronoi Cells







Here is that page online



With this arrangement, in Chrome, the applet shows, but the framerate is only around 1 fps.



It crashes Firefox.



It works fine it Safari!



Who cares what it does in IE.



What is the correct applet tag I should use? I would prefer to reference only the single standalone .jar file if possible. Why is the framerate so bad in Chrome?



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails