Thursday, December 23, 2010

How to manage different form contexts of same form element in single DOM tree

Programmer Question

Hi,



As my question title could be bit unclear to you (I tried best), following is what I'm exactly trying to do.



I'm having a form element (say a user_info form), where such form elements will be generated for different users by java script and displayed in different js tabs (example: dojo tabs).



once form elements are generated, later I need to react on user actions performed on different html elements defined inside user_info form. In this case I need to identify what is the context (in which user_info form element) in which user is working on. The simplest example would be how to retrieve form id of the form in which user actions are being performed.



According to my understanding, I can not simply retrieve from by form id, because now DOM tree contains duplicate form instances of the same from element. So, IS there anyway, I could identify form context based on the user actions on its input elements.



Thank You.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails