Tuesday, December 14, 2010

ASP.NET MVC: Use action to generate dynamic sitemap.xml bad?

Programmer Question

I want to add/remove urls to sitemaps whenever a user deletes or submits information.



I have a few questions:




  1. Should I put slugs on the URL in the sitemap? Products/Details/1/my-slug -> URL works without slug.

  2. Should I Use an action to generate a sitemap? In robots.txt I'll link to this action.

  3. If not action, are there libraries that allow me to easily edit sitemap.xml files?

  4. Sitemaps has a limit to the # of URLs and size, is there a way to automatically create more sitemaps when this limit is met? I'd have to also update the robots.txt and add more links to sitemaps.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails