Friday, October 1, 2010

Installing C++ Boost library on Windows without Visual Studio

Programmer Question

I would like to install Boost library without the need of Visual Studio compiler, preferably by downloading the pre-compiled binaries. We are working on a cross-platform C++ project in Eclipse, so VS is out of option.



About a year ago, I found an installer, but it does not longer exists.
The best match I have found so far is from:
http://www.boostpro.com/download/
but it seems like this one includes a lot of stuff related to VS.



If there is no installer available, is there an easy way of compiling it like the on *NIX platforms?



(I know that the majority of the library is header-only, but I would like some parts which are not)



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails