Sunday, April 25, 2010

syntax for generating an objectForKey from an array

Programmer Question

I'm having success when I use this code to get a string from an array called "fileList":



cell.timeBeganLabel.text = [[[self.fileList objectAtIndex:[indexPath row]] lastPathComponent] stringByDeletingPathExtension];


so I expected the same code to generate the same string as a key for me in this:



NSDictionary *stats = [thisRecordingsStats objectForKey:[[[self.fileList objectAtIndex:[indexPath row]] lastPathComponent] stringByDeletingPathExtension]];
cell.durationLabel.text = [stats objectForKey:@"duration"];


or this:



NSDictionary *stats = [thisRecordingsStats objectForKey:@"%@",[[[self.fileList objectAtIndex:[indexPath row]] lastPathComponent] stringByDeletingPathExtension]];


Both build without error, and the log shows my data is there: but I'm getting a blank UILabel.

Have I not written the dynamic key generator correctly?



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails