Friday, April 30, 2010

car and cdr in Scheme are driving me crazy ...

Programmer Question

Hi Im facing a problem with the car and cdr functions



for example:



first I defined a list called it x



(define x (a (bc) d ( (ef) g ) ))


so x now is equal to (a (bc) d ( (ef) g ) )



now for example I need to get the g from this list using only car and cdr
(!! noshortcuts as caddr cddr !!) the correct answer is:



(car(cdr(car(cdr(cdr(cdr x))))))


BUT how ? :-( I work according to the rules (the car gives the head of list and cdr gives the tail)



and instead of getting the answer above I keep reaching wrong answers.
Can any one help me in understanding this ... give me step or a way to solve it step by step



Thanks in advance. I'm really sick of Scheme.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails