Sunday, February 14, 2010

Programmer - Should I use Rails 3 for my application

Programmer Question

I have been a user of Rails for a while and used version 2.3.4 recently.



Rails 3 Beta just came out recently and it seems have significant performance improvement especially with the merge with Merb.



I'm planning on building an application that will take 4-6 months. Should I use Rails 3 for it starting with beta? Knowing that it will be buggy until full release?
Performance is definitely an important requirement for my application.



You can help me if you can provide insight in the following questions:
1- Do you think Rails 3 will be out in 4-6 months?
2- Will it be easy to migrate code should I choose to go for Rails 2.3.5?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails