Thursday, February 18, 2010

Programmer - Boolean and Math Expression Parser

Programmer Question

Hello,



I am writing an application that allows a user to enter a boolean expression. I need the ability to evaluate the entered boolean expression at runtime and am looking for both a parser and a expressoin validator.



Parser

The parser needs to take a boolean expression as a string and return true/false.



Example:




string expression = "(1 == 1) && (1 > 0)";
Parser parser = new Parser();
boolean result = parser.parse(expression); // Result should be True.


In addition to handling boolean expressions I also need it to handle Math.




expression = "((1 + 1 * 2) == 1)";
result = parser.parse(expression); // Result should be False.


Validate

So that I can tell the user if there is a problem with the expression being entered I also need a way to validate the syntax.



I am working in C# using the .NET Compact Framework, but if you know of something written in another language that may be helpful.



Thanks for any help you can provide.
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails