Thursday, February 25, 2010

Programmer - Comparing folder current state with saved prior state

Programmer Question

I want to make a winform application that tells you whenever you open it all the changes that have been made since last opening, and maybe record a log of it, such as:




  • File/folder creations

  • File/folder renamings

  • File/folder exclusions



I've figured i have to do three tasks:




  • Save the folder state (tree) in a
    reloadable format

  • Load this information back

  • Compare this information with current
    state gathered on-the-go

  • List changes, log and display them



I've come up with some ideas, what have you got to help me ?



(I'm using C#, vs 08 and .NET 3.5)



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails