Monday, July 12, 2010

I am trying to figure out a way to streamline importing data from an access database into a .Net application

Programmer Question

I'm writing a fairly light-weight .Net application that queries an Access database and generates a Crystal Report based on the result-set.



The Dataset fill method is a little slow, but manageable.



The issue is when I load the crystal report. If the dataset being passed to Crystal is sizeable, at all, it takes forever to load, and the user gives up.



This is the code that sets the report dataset:



report.SetDataSource(largeDataSet);


largeDataSet has two tables. I have paired them down to the absolutely essential columns.



What ends up happening is the



reportViewer.Show();


command fires, but the ReportViewer takes minutes to actually display the report.



I am at a loss.



I appreciate your help and feedback.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails