Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Paperclip and S3 -- how can I detect and handle problems?

Programmer Question

I recently implemented Paperclip and S3 in my app. The integration was really easy, the performance of S3 is great, w00t.



But it seems like occasionally, uploading a file doesn't work. This happens while saving the model -- so I'm pretty certain it's happening somewhere in the guts of Paperclip.



First of all, I'd appreciate any pointers or tips on debugging what's going on here.



But at a higher level -- even if I nail down all the bugs, I need to be able to detect problems in production and tell the user "sorry, uploading didn't work, try again". As it is now, the thing just hangs, and there isn't anything else I can do from the controller.



I can go poking around in the guts of paperclip, but wanted to see if there was anything I was missing.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails