Sunday, May 16, 2010

Keyup attribute 'name' change not working

Programmer Question

Hey guys, I've got what I imagine is a simple question, but for some reason, I can't get it working right.



Expected Behavior:
I type characters into a field, and, through a function, those characters are translated into the value of the name HTML attribute.



Actual Behavior:
Reflected in Firebug, the value doesn't change or update.



The Code:



$('input').live('keyup', function() {
var name_value = $(this).val().toLowerCase();
$(el).attr('name', name_value);
});


Just a side note: I'm using .live() because the element can be cloned, and those clones need to also be able to take on the properties of this .keyup event.



Any ideas?



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails