Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How to call a FileReference.browse() from JavaScript?

Programmer Question

Hello,



I am trying to call the browse() method of the FileReference class from JavaScript (a user clicks on a text that uses the ExternalInterface to call a method in Flash).



Unfortunately, I receive an error that tells me it has to be a direct action of the user (like clicking a button). I have searched through Google and realized this is a new security feature in Flash 10.



The only solutions I could find was to put a Flash button or to have a hidden flash button over the text, that will call the browse() method.



I wanted the browser only to show JavaScript and all the Flash code only called from JavaScript.



Is there please any way I could please do that?



Thank you very much,
Rudy



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails