Thursday, March 11, 2010

How can I *prevent* Apache2 from setting the Content-Type header?

Programmer Question

I have a CGI script that prints the following on stdout:



print "Status: 302 Redirect\n";
print "Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1\n";
print "Location: $redirect\n";
print "Content-Length: 0\n";
print "Date: $date\n\n";


Where $redirect and $date are reasonable values. What Apache2 actually sends also includes a Content-Type: header (text/plain). I've commented out the DefaultType in the server configuration file.



I'm trying to debug a downstream problem that arises when no Content-Type: header is sent. So what magic incantation do I have to perform to prevent Apache2 from adding the content type header?



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails