Monday, March 22, 2010

Easiest way to generate P/Invoke code?

Programmer Question

I am an experienced .Net programer, but have not compiled a C/C++ program in my life. Now I have this C-dll, headers and documentation (3rd party, not from Win API), from which I need to call about ten methods.



I was thinking of using Platform Invoke. I found these three tools that would create the code for me:





and possibly





Pinvoker seems to have a bit different approach than the Interop assistant and the Wizard. Swig I just found when checking that this question has not been asked here.



What are the pros and cons of these tools?



What would be the best = easiest and safest way for me to produce the P/Invoke code given that I don't know much about C/C++?



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails