Sunday, January 23, 2011

Android: More descriptive error please!

Programmer Question

Hi all



I'm using Eclipse.



I'm burning hours trying to debug my first (very simple) android app.



When I hit an error, I don't get a proper exception with a description of what went wrong, I get a screen asking for source code and a "Suspended(Exception RuntimeException))" on the debug log.



I'm resorting to logging each line to see where the last execution point was, and then trying to understand by googling why the following line would cause an error.



See my screenshots: Error and Missing Source.



The highlighted line:



SimpleCursorAdapter scaSights = new SimpleCursorAdapter(this,R.layout.sight_row,sightsCursor,fromDisplayFields,toDataFields);


is where the exception occurs. I've got no idea what's wrong there, but a good exception message would help, not a prompt for source code.



Any help is hugely appreciated!



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails